Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Macy's

I have been working on the format for The Style Year a bit, but have quite a few more updates and changes to make.  In the meantime, I have a few things I want to post about over the next couple of weeks.

Today, though, just a quick update.  I went to a Macy's closeout sale and I plan to go back tomorrow too. Macy's is closing a few locations across the country because they are "underperforming".  It's really no surprise that one of these locations is the Paseo in Pasadena.  This store is really small and was never very impressive.  Also, there is a much, much, much better Macy's located less than a mile away (actually, this one is one of the best Macy's I have ever been to).  I read in the paper that starting tomorrow the Paseo location will be having a store clearance sale.  So, I went today to check out what kind of stuff they have.  I ended up buying these.

They're the INC brand and a dark plum/eggplant shade.  I think they will act as a really nice neutral.  I can wear them to work and as a casual item.  They weren't quite the bargain basement find I was hoping for at $34, but they fit really well and I like them a lot. I also think that I can wear them through at least a couple of weight "decades" (ladies-you know what I mean!) since they have a lot of stretch.

The actual "final store closing sale" starts tomorrow, so I plan to go back and see if some of the other items I eyeballed are quite a bit cheaper.  I have a weird affinity toward Macy's.  Perhaps its because I worked there for a year at the Mall of America location when I was 17-18 years old.  But even more so I think its because they carry a multitude of brands that fit someone who is not in a pre-teen body and they often have really good sales.  I generally only spend $20-30 on an item when I go there, and their stuff is usually of pretty good quality.  I may have to break my $40 per week rule if I find a number of items there tomorrow that are truly great deals.  But you know what?  I'll just have to work that much harder to not spend anything over the remaining couple of weeks of the month....

This week's total style purchases= $47.50



No comments:

Post a Comment