Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Oh so sick...

*Quick Re-cap*--My apologies for not having been up-to-date the last couple of weeks.  I was really sick, like Urgent Care sick, so I wasn't able to post for a bit.  I'll make it up to you and fill you in on all the style stuff from last week AND the week before.  

Before I got sick, I made a trip to Target, and was able to score this pair of printed pants for $12 on clearance.  Printed pants were on my list of must-buys, and even though I wanted to wait until I lost a bit more weight, for $12, who cares? 
I got these at Target for $12.98!
Target Clearance $5.98!
 I also scored this super-cute clutch (it's hard to tell, but it's oversized).  It was also on clearance for $5.98.
This was one of those purchases you know you will use eventually.....



I bought 2 for $2.50 each!
Since I was sick, I had to go to Rite Aid a few times and ended up purchasing a few cosmetics items on clearance.  Can I just say that I LOVE drug store finds?  And did you know that you can return cosmetics to Rite Aid?  Here is what I got:

On my first trip of the sickness I got this CoverGirl Natureluxe Mascara on clearance for $2.50.  I tried it out and liked it so much that I got another one on my second trip! (the color was all black, of course!)   On my second trip I also got on clearance a Physicians Formula lip gloss ($2), a Wet n' Wild lipstick ($.75) and some L'oreal eyeshadow ($3). 
$2, $3, & $.75.  The Wet n' Wild wins!

The lip gloss and eyeshadow were total busts.  The gloss was super pink and quite frankly, looked stupid.  The eyeshadow had hardly any pigmentation and you could barely see any shade.  However, the Wet n' Wild lipstick was AMAZING.  The color was a bright plummy red (no. 423 I believe...) and for $.75, are you kidding me?!!! Run, don't walk, to buy one of these, even at regular price (which is $2.99). 

Even though the last week of January was filled with sickness, I found a few great items.  My total for the week: $24.71

Remember how I said that my goal was to spend only $40 per week or $160 a month?  Well, if you look at the calendar, January actually spans 5 calendar weeks.  I am tallying my weeks from a Monday-Sunday perspective, so please bear with me, but I really want to tabulate on a weekly basis and do my tally over a 4-week period.  So, that means January came in right at $160.  February starts off at $24.71

No comments:

Post a Comment